Since it's been nearly 2 years since I released any movies, I thought it would be time to get back into the swing of things. I did have one attempt with my drama series "Heavy Rain", but 9 months after I thought of the idea, I had only one scene recorded from the first episode and a couple of scripts for I think about 4 episodes. So I realised that maybe that series wasn't for me. It felt like a good idea at first, but I began to lose interest so I stopped development.
Now, 6 months after I cancelled "Heavy Rain", I have decided to try again. While it is still a drama series I'm planning, I'm unsure whether I want it to have voice overs or not. I found it very difficult to find committed voice overs for "Heavy Rain", and with the great success of series such as "Downtown" (roland31180), "Pleasantview High" and "Off Campus" (katzombie138) which don't have voice overs, maybe it is a good idea. But I don't know. I feel like this new drama series I'm planning should have voice overs. The series focuses a lot on everyday chatter and character development, and I don't know if sub-titles will be able to deliver that.
But anyway, my new drama series is called "Friends & Family" which (as you can probably tell from the title) focuses on just that. I have pretty much got the whole first season planned out as far as major storylines go, but I just need to fill in the gaps with minor storylines and development for the major storylines. I also have most of episode 1 written, but even when I've finished writing that I will want to go over it a couple of times.
So where is this all leading I hear you ask? Well basically *if* I manage to pull myself together and actually complete an episode, it will probably be done by late October at the earliest, and that's if we ignore development for my other secret project. I'm starting my new College next Tuesday so that will slow me down a bit. So we'll see what happens I guess.
So until my next blog post, take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your series would be better with voiceovers, they usually make machinima more interesting to watch and realistic. Good luck with your new university.
Thanks. I probably will do voice overs as I think it makes the experience much more exciting.
But it's not a University I'm going to. Colleges in Britain are like our third school and it lasts for 2 years, sometimes more. After that it's University ;)
Oh, okay, yeah I knew someone from another forums who lived in Singapore and for her it was the same thing for colleges. :P
And in Canada we consider colleges and universities two different things, colleges are like universities except for different jobs.
Post a Comment